Sunday, May 1, 2011

Update

So I ended up not doing so well on the Jillian Michaels food plan. I don't have the best self control which is why I am in this mess in the first place. Anyway what I have realized is I have to choose a food plan that I truely can stick to for the rest of my life. I have to be able to have a piece of chocolate every day if I want to. When I deprive myself of anything I want to binge and that doesn't work for me. I have done weight watchers in the past and it has worked for me. So I have chosen to do it again. I have done it for a week now and when I weighed in yesterday I had dropped 5 pounds. I know the initial weight loss is bigger than I will get next week but I loved the program. I never felt deprived. I ate easter candy, ice cream, salads, soups, whatever I felt like, I just had to track it. I never felt deprived. There is no such thing as a quick fix, believe me I have tried them all from atkins to hcg. Yes you lose weight fast and it feels great but it isn't realistic for me to eat that way forever. I have to learn to make right choices, and this works for me. I have great friends who are so supportive of me in anything that I choose. Thanks so much to all of you.

I still love the workouts though. I have been doing more walking which has helped me get my steps in daily but you can't beat Jillians kick butt routines and since hers is only 25 minutes, you can do both.

Thanks all for the support. You guys ROCK!!!

3 comments:

The Brothers Family said...

(Bill) Funny how that works, money is the same way, just tracking it makes a lot of spending difference

Mel said...

Go Julie, Go Julie, Go Go Go Julie!! I'm so proud of you. Weight Watchers is all about portion control and is so awesome!!

Tracie said...

You can do it then you can help me! I don't love WW, but maybe you will convince me to try again! Are you seriously doing Jillian and walking? I wish I had your determination! Once I walk, I am done! Love ya!