Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 days


So my friend Tracie has been doing these fun 30 day challenges and I have loved them. Last month we did the 30 day shred and this month we have set 5 of our own goals. I have been doing pretty good on it and I bought Jilllian Michaels ripped in 30. I love working out but my real challenge is food. No matter what my plan is I really have a hard time following through. So when I got this dvd, Jillian included a monthly eating plan and it is actually pretty realistic. I haven't done it yet but today I decided that starting tomorrow I am giving her 30 days. I will be doing the workout dvd everyday but Sunday and I am going to do her eating plan. It really is doable. If anyone else wants to take a look at the plan it is on www.jillianmichaels.com/rippedin30mealplan. So I may be posting a few of my thoughts and struggles on here for the next 30 days. I am hoping by putting it out there I will have the strength to do it.

BTW if any of you have any advice about night time eating I really could use some. That is my worst time of day.

5 comments:

Jami West said...

Hi Julie,

I love Jillian Michaels and I love her 30 day shred! I think it's awesome you're doing 30 day goals.
My little brother is an amazing personal trainer in South Jordan. He always tells me and others that if you are going to eat something at night make it protein. His favorite thing and mine is Carb Master yogurt mixed with cottage cheese. It might sound weird but it tastes like dessert and it helps you feel full. Cottage cheese has casein protein which is slow digesting so it helps your muscles to keep working while you sleep. Carb Master Yogurts are Kroger brand so I know you can get them at Smiths and Food4Less.
Anyway, good luck!! I'm sure you'll do great!

Amber said...

Goals are great!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! I love a good protein smoothie at night or a green smoothie. It make sit so I stop grazing in the kitchen. It has good protein and some fruit. I also love to mix in an EmergenC that provides a lot of Vitamin C. Good luck! :)

jewels said...

Thanks guys, I love the advice and I love hearing from you both.

Tracie said...

Ok, I am in. I looked at the meal plan and it seems doable! Any tips or tricks for me since you are already on track?? We will have to chat soon! You Rock!

Laura said...

Jules, what a great goal! I'll hvae to check out the meal plan. At nights, when I'm trying to be good, I'll do yogurt, or cottage cheese. My fave is cottage cheese w/ avacado chunks, corn, and a little salsa in it :)