Friday, April 1, 2011

Testimony

So as many as you know I have a huge fear of speaking in front of people. I won't pray, speak or bear my testimony in front of people.

Today I had a aha moment about the atonement and I want to share or at least write it down so I can remember at times when I forget what Christ has done for us.

I am not a good writer so bear with me. Many know I have struggled with certain relationships in my life. I have held onto a lot of hurt, pain and resentment. I didn't live a perfect life and have made mistakes in my life. I went through a repentance process for one of my mistakes and I knew in my heart my heavenly father had forgiven me, however I couldn't forgive myself. Not for the sin per say, I really could care less about that but the outcome of it. How my life is because of it. Nothing was the way I had planned my life to be. I never felt loved, wanted etc as a result of it. So I was mad, angry and full of resentment. I was quick to judge a person in my life and never let him in. I always had a wall up and I wasn't going to believe anything he said because I was hurt. I wanted something that was never going to happen, It couldn't there was no way to change the past. So I have lived 12 years mad at my life.

Well when you are in a relationship and always mad it makes life harder and life was getting unbearable. I didn't know if it was going to make it. I was talking to a friend of mine who is going to therapy right now and she said to me. You know what Ms. ? would say. She would say "how long, how long do you need to be mad about this? 10 min, 3 months, a year, Take the time and then let it go. There is nothing you can do to change it. Let it go." So I thought about it for a long time and realized that I am the reason my relationship is failing. I have to let this go. Start over, reconnect with who we are now.

Well I apologized for always having a wall up for never giving him a chance. For not just giving us a chance. I told him I was done, holding on to something that was ruining my life. We are starting over.

Things have been so much better. I never really thought about it until today when I was saying a prayer in the shower. I was thanking my heavenly father for the peace that has been in our home for the last 3 months or so. I was reflecting and when I thought about my past there was NO hurt, NO pain, NO resentment, NO regret, No hate. I have never felt that way before and I realized then that he took it from me. Like everyone has talked about. My heavenly father took my pain. He took the thing I couldn't let go of for so many years and now I can move on. I can grow and love again. I am so grateful for this experience, sad that it took me so long to realize that my savior just wanted me to give it to him but so happy that I finally did.

I don't talk much about my testimony, I don't ever want to offend those who don't believe what I do, but I do believe. I know my savior loves me, he died for me. He WANTS us all to be happy. He took my pain away. I love him.

I am still me, imperfect in so many ways but my heart is full of love for him.

9 comments:

Arycca Brothers said...

Wow, Julie, what a sweet experience. Thank you for sharing that with all of us, you are so great. I'm so glad that life is good!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that you have found peace. Thank you for sharing your testimony! Can't wait to see you at the end of the month.

Tracie said...

Beautiful.

Leslie Draney said...

That made me cry! I'm so happy for you!

Dee said...

That is awesome Julie! I'm so happy for you!

Mel said...

Julie-

What a great post! That is a great story to record for yourself and others. You are the greatest person and I love you!

jewels said...

Thanks guys, I didn't know if I should have written it but I am glad I did.

Laura said...

Jules - that totally made me tear up... Such a perfect description, of how we are healed through the atonement -- it can change us and change our perspectives....

You're so amazing... hope you know that! *loves*

Becky said...

Julie, I love you. I miss you, I love the time that we were neighbors in Seattle. I hope we can see each other again sometime. Things are really hard right know, Nate has basically completely left the church, but this was just what I needed to read. Beck