Saturday, July 18, 2009

Midway

We went up to Midway for a weekend in June. We had such a wonderful time. This is the view from the balcony of my grandpa's condo. I love just sitting on the porch swing, feeling the breeze and listening to the cows. As long as I can't smell them I am good.
There is a pond up from where we stay that we went fishing in. The first thing Max caught was a duck. It fought Fred for a minute but then was happy he was going to help him out.




Jake did end up falling in the lake but was fine. I loved that I was right when I said he will fall in if you let him get that close. But "NO!!!" I don't know what I am talking about. I love being proven right even if it means my son is sad for a minute. ( This isn't the picture of him falling in )


There is this amazing place to eat and of course I can't remember the name right now but it has the best pizza. It is authentic Italian pizza so you don't order pepperoni. This was a chicken and pesto, with basil, spinach leaves and roasted pine nuts. It was to die for.
We took a drive up the beautiful canyon. We are surrounded by so much beauty. I love Midway, it is so peaceful and relaxing. On our way home we stopped at Granny's for the best shakes ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Midway too, looks like you guys had a lot of fun, what cool memories. We used to drive through there all the time going to my cousins house in Morgan growing up and I love some of the homes up there, they are BEAUTIFUL, not to mention the gorgious surroundings, if I ever sruck it rich that is where I would buy.:) I love boys, they are so fun especially when they do crazy things like fall in the lake or catch ducks. TOO CUTE!

Mel said...

Um I need that pizza ASAP that sounded delicous! I love pesto with anything! I love Midway too, looks like you had a blast!