Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Solider Hollow






Max turned 9 and we took him and a few friends to Solider Hollow. It was so much fun. My poor son Wyatt was so excited and we ride up to the top of the mountain that we will be tubing down and he gets off the tube and looks down and instantly starts crying. He is not going to go. He is scared to death. So I am mad because I just spent 20 bucks on each of us and now he isn't going to go which means I can't go. I am yelling at him, telling him he at least has to go once because it is the only way down unless he wants to live up here on the mountain. I know I am such a good mom!! So he gets in his tube and I am holding on to his rope so we can go down together. We start picking up speed, I mean we were cruising, way faster than everyone else. I see the bottom and people at the base watching. I realize we aren't stopping and so do the people as they are running to get out of the way. I see the orange netting that they have so you don't fall of the drop that they have there. There is about 5-6 rows of it and I know we are crashing into it. The tubes hit it and the tube stops but I go flying into the 5th row of netting. OMG!! How embarasing. I of course was laughing and all the workers swarm to see if we are okay. That my friends is why you sign your life away before you can tube. I felt so bad for my Wyatt, he was so scared to go and then I make him crash. FYI, you are supposed to drag your feet when you see the cones.

6 comments:

Becky said...

How can Max be 9?

Mel said...

K I would have paid money to see that! That is hilarious. I have never been there. Is it worth it?

jewels said...

Yeah, I think so. It is really fun and they have a lodge you can go in and bring your stuff to eat. The other kids really had fun and are still talking about it. I think we will go every year but I will be leaving Wyatt at home. He really is chicken.

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Hello there! So good to find old friend's blogs! What a fun family you have.

Brenna LaPray said...

That is so funny! I too would have loved to see that. My kids love Soldier Hollow. It's pretty much the only sledding hill here in Heber. We love living here but it is so flat. I'm sure Wyatt will brave it up again next year!

Karla said...

The joys of tubing! I miss it terribly - what great memories I have of it going down the hills over where the Rock Canyon park is now.

I hope you're okay, too! :)